Media Advisory 7 December 2011
Global Leaders Denounce Green Economy as a Market Disaster on Steroids
More Land Grabs and Speculative Financial Bubbles on the Horizon, Social Movements Warn
–photo ops—creative visuals—photo ops—
Durban, South Africa–As COP17 draws toward a close, and in the run-up to the Rio+20 Environmental Summit, Global Justice Ecology Project, an international organization based in the United States, is convening global leaders from the climate justice, Indigenous Rights, peasant farmers and forest protection movements for a press conference at the Kosi Palm room in the ICC at 11:30am on Thursday, December 8, 2011.
Speakers will condemn the Green Economy as the green-tinted regurgitation of a failed and unjust economic model predicated on the expansion of the controversial REDD offset scheme to every square meter of the Earth–including oceans, soils, agriculture, and biodiversity.
Uncle Sam and his team of economic clowns will also speak out on behalf of the Green Economy and the 1% global elite that it is designed to serve.
Contact: Jeff Conant–Global Justice Ecology Project Communications Director
<jc> +27 (0)7 362 30619
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Our first post about #rioplus20, we'll be posting more updates here over the coming few weeks. wp.me/s1Ygra-rio20 5 years ago
- rt @cdmafrica #CDM Cannot Deliver the Money in Africa. New report out now wp.me/p2mlIf-2x 5 years ago
- Help Make Epic Movies from the UN Climate Negotiations by Project Survival Media — Kickstarter kck.st/vQNp2G 6 years ago
- RT @AncientProverbs: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. -Plato 6 years ago
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Powerful article on @HuffingtonPost from @hbox about Occupy KwaMashu, people displaced ahead of #cop17 http://t.co/HkdI ... 6 years ago