The westcliffe community was were subject to’upgrades’ by the municipality with new distribution boxes, but instead of an upgrade, the new boxes were set for 40watts frm 60watts. This is a sophisticated tactic of limiting supply to a community that has been illigally reconnecting themselves to claim their minimum electricity grant which Eskom and the government are not delivering. .
Eskom is supplying below cost electricity to large industrial users like BHP Billiton, whilst poor communities are facing cutoffs and massive price hikes.
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Our first post about #rioplus20, we'll be posting more updates here over the coming few weeks. wp.me/s1Ygra-rio20 5 years ago
- rt @cdmafrica #CDM Cannot Deliver the Money in Africa. New report out now wp.me/p2mlIf-2x 5 years ago
- Help Make Epic Movies from the UN Climate Negotiations by Project Survival Media — Kickstarter kck.st/vQNp2G 5 years ago
- RT @AncientProverbs: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. -Plato 5 years ago
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Powerful article on @HuffingtonPost from @hbox about Occupy KwaMashu, people displaced ahead of #cop17 http://t.co/HkdI ... 5 years ago