How fitting that the site for #occupycop17 is named Walnut Rd. In solidarity with the #ows movement, we will be setting up a general assembly to cooupy Wal(nut) rd in speakers corner. As the UN meets to discuss our futures, we too will be meeting, in the open and outside the razor fences, to find real solutions to the climate crisis based on justice, collaboration and fairness.
Walnut crosses Bram Fischer, a lawyer of Afrikaner descent who fiercely opposed the apartheid regime. So under his name we will be resisting the current UN regime to create a people and nature focused solution to climate change.
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Our first post about #rioplus20, we'll be posting more updates here over the coming few weeks. wp.me/s1Ygra-rio20 5 years ago
- rt @cdmafrica #CDM Cannot Deliver the Money in Africa. New report out now wp.me/p2mlIf-2x 5 years ago
- Help Make Epic Movies from the UN Climate Negotiations by Project Survival Media — Kickstarter kck.st/vQNp2G 5 years ago
- RT @AncientProverbs: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. -Plato 5 years ago
- RT @OccupyCOP17: Powerful article on @HuffingtonPost from @hbox about Occupy KwaMashu, people displaced ahead of #cop17 http://t.co/HkdI ... 5 years ago